- Israel is one of the world's leading economies and a hub for innovation. Israel has only 9.4 million inhabitants, however, Tel Aviv is the second largest start-up ecosystem in the world after Silicon Valley. Israel is practically one single start-up.
- Israel has the fastest growing population among OECD countries. The country invests 4.9% of its GDP in research and development, and Israelis are passionate about innovation.
- Industry 4.0 and cyber security have been chosen by Vinnova as prioritised thematics in Israel. Israel counts >200 start-ups and scale-ups in industry 4.0, and a third of the global unicorn population within cyber security are based in Israel.
- Israel holds >200 start-ups within AI, big data, and industrial IoT. This sector is expected to grow with 20 percent each year over 2020-2025.
- One of the largest cyber security hubs in the world is located in Israel, with Tel Aviv being the heart of cyber security. In 2021, 40 % of private global investment for cyber security went to Israel which resulted in 11 new cyber security unicorns.
- Be part of this dynamic development and connect with Israeli start-ups, scale-ups R&D centers, and commercial partners.
Don't wait for the future, shape it together with us.
ABOUT THE DELEGATION
Team Sweden will facilitate the Industry 4.0 & Cyber Security Delegation to Israel with the ambition of bringing together Swedish actors from the Industry 4.0 & Cyber Security ecosystems to meet like-minded actors in the booming scene in Israel.
Israel and Sweden are two, regionally outstanding, innovative leaders. Israel and Sweden are innovation leaders and home to world leading companies, universities and ecosystems, which together, constitutes the basis of the collaboration of this initiative.
The Connector was launched in 2019 and is an innovation platform focusing on co-creation, with a long-term ambition of strengthening innovation collaboration and the ties between Swedish and Israeli actors. The objective is to raise the awareness and knowledge about the respective country's innovation ecosystem and to strengthen the connections between Swedish and Israeli industry and other actors in the innovation ecosystems. The Connector was created with the purpose to determine how best to create sustainable and mutually beneficial partnerships focusing on collaboration, co-creation and networks in the respective sectors and their supporting parties.
MNEs, SMEs, start-ups, academia and incubators are regarded as the driving force behind structural changes and sustainable economic growth and prosperity, especially in their contribution to further innovation and technology for the next generation.
The Industry 4.0 & Cyber Security Delegation to Israel is organised by Team Sweden, represented by Business Sweden, Vinnova and the Embassy of Sweden in Tel Aviv. Team Sweden actively assists Swedish companies and academia to identify and act on business and collaboration opportunities in Israel and beyond. Join Sweden and this delegation to kick-start collaborations that will build the future of Sweden and Israel.
In all of our delegations we aim to align with the national equality agenda. We encourage you to consider this when nominating your delegation representatives.
The price of participation is 15 000 SEK (excl. VAT).
The fee covers: Participation in the program, local transport and meals within the program.
The fee does not cover: Other tracks of high-level business delegation not included in this program, Airfare to and from Israel, accommodation, transfer to/from the airport/hotel, and other arrangements outside the program.
NB! Vinnova offers travel grants to SMEs. The travel grant amounts to 25 000 SEK/person. For more information, please contact the organisers.